Monday, October 18, 2010

Fist Pumping Like A Writer


I thought I'd throw a post up there for the hundreds of readers that have visited us. Since Brendan and I are now internationally renowned writers (holla to the three peeps in Singapore who checked us out) I thought it would be the responsible thing to do to address some of the ongoing Jersey Shore developments before the two hour (!) Season 2 finale this week.

Firstly, Mike "the Situation" Sorrentino was on Dancing with the Stars and was unfortunately eliminated last week. Which is particularly surprising given this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jbHghoykn8
There's nothing like flashing your abs ten times next to a Russian immigrant who's only there for her Visa. He was voted off (according to my Mom) when his Argentine Tango failed to impress the judges. This was due to a neck injury he sustained while trying to lift up the anorexic Stalinist. SO UNFAIR! The Situation doesn't life you! YOU LIFT THE SITUATION. Gawd, it's like people like wanna like hate him because he's like a celebrity.

In the tradition of the Bronte sisters, Jane Austen, Virginia Woolfe and Madonna Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is currently writing her first novel entitled A Shore Thing.  (which is better than the name I would have given it Yes I’m Shore-ious. And Don’t Call Me Shore-ly ) Yes, the kind people at Simon & Shuster have agreed to publish what will enviably give Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy a run for its money at the Man Booker Prize. (yes, I realize the Man Booker is for U.K. books only, but these two writers transcend the barriers of geography. Deal.) The novel will deal with a girl looking for love at the Jersey Shore and to quote Ms. Polizzi "I'm pumped to announce to my fans a project I've been working on for some time. This book will have you falling in love at the Shore." I love that they're already having her statements ghost-written.If anyone cares to know, in the past Snooki has claimed to have only read two books in her life Dear John and Twilight. I mention this not to be judgmental. I have never read Moby Dick. Does that mean I can't write a blog that is read internationally? That was a rhetorical question. In fairness, Snooki has written an awful lot which you can find here: http://twitter.com/sn00KI

Which holds such gems as:

"Aw shit, Vampire Diaries just mentioned Jersey Shore in the scene. Thanks vampire bitches :)"
"Morning everyone! My babe cooked me breakfast! :) how adorable"
"Wheww Chile we finally got our miners out!! I think this calls for #fistpumps via house music!!"

If you haven't ripped your eyes from your sockets yet stay tuned for Round 2 of Alex and Brendan's Jersey Shore-A-Thon coming soon.

In Solidarity

A & B


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Snooki wrote a book...but ok. ;[

    ReplyDelete